Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2007 Civic's With Navi - You may want to Reconcider

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2007 Civic's With Navi - You may want to Reconcider

I do not believe he is looking for an alternative..... he simply wants what he paid for. As I would as well. I would certainly be pissed, and would be looking for an answer. Trouble is.....fighting "the man" tough to win this one! If you were here in the Northwest.... I would say, "just stay on I-5" Or don't get far off the 5. The growth in our area rivals that of any city or state in the nation. It takes me 12 to 15 min. to get into "town" (Olympia) On this trip there are no fewer than a half dozen new roads that DO NOT exist on ANY map. Some of these roads have HUNDEREDS of homes on them. I sell Global Nav. products, the typical Garmin unit's and the Alpine. None of these recognize the above mentioned roads. To them...my own driveway is another block down the street. Nice huh?

Old 12-25-2007, 01:31 PM

UPDATE:

Would you all believe that after numeruos returns to the dealership. they are constantly stating that there in absolutely nothing wrong with our Navi System. Even though I have been able to point out to them that most of the POIs are mostly up to as much as 100 yards off from where they are showing on the screen. Roads that it shows as being in existance, are either no longer there (& Haven't been in over 10 years) and or are no longer valid as bi directional roads, but instead, one-way streets or Roads.

There has got to be something we can do, as I am really beginning to get pissed off by them thinking that we are total idiots. If it's wrong, its wrong in my book.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Old 01-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Well, Now that I have finally gotten Honda America to listen, as expected, they are attempting to blow it off. Oh, yeah, Go by the dealership, get up with the Service manager, let's go for not one, not two but three test drives to "JUST SEE" if we can duplicate the issues.
What vehicles and what did we find?

We first went on a 45 minute ride between the dealership and 2 cities, about a total of 30 miles. What was I able to show & prove to the service Mgr? POI's not being what they said they were suppose to be, much less, 95% actual locations were off by as much as 2,000 feet. That's almost 1 mile.

We also saw that 98% of the time, the car was either just past the street or road that was being shown on the map as just then comming up on, 4% of the time, street names were off, government buildings (Ie. Post office, Police Stations, Medical facilities) were being shown as either not even there, or, was on a different street, 1 to 3 blocks away, even though these buildings were never ever in those locations.

On more than 1 occasion, the directions given was stating, and in a couple of cases, kept on insisting that we take a road or a street, that was never ever there in the first place. (These were either actually someones driveway to their house, an open field) When we got back we went to the county offices, looked up thos location, and found that those streets, or Roads NEVER EVER ACTUALLY EXISTED. 3 of which, were only a Suggested road or street that was still on countly planning files, and get this, it was dated 1962 - 1972. And it was the only time it was perposed, and never was shown on any other countly planning records since then..
We then decided to go and give the interstate a try. Thank God for Common Sence by the Driver. When we got to the interstate, this dang thing wanted us to enter the interstate using the freeking off ramp. I mean, Helloooooo. Can we say Excelent Chance of a Head On.

At another interstate exit, the map was shopwing that it didn't have an off ramp, on our side, but it had an on ramp. Whell look at that, it actully does have an off ramp. A Plain and simple & typical set ofon & off ramps. Hmmmmm Could someone have been SMOKING POT?

Ok, so we go back to the dealer ship. So, by the Suggestion of American Honda, We took a test run in a 2007 Acura with navi. Traveled the same exact routes. Discovered the Same exact issues EVERY THING!. We go back to the Dealership, Got in a 2007 Civic with navi, Same routes, Same Issues. Got back to the Dealership and was going to take out a 2008 Odyssey, and we find out that American Honda Stated that they DID NOT WANT US TO USE THIS VEHICAL FOR COMPARISON TESTING - End Quote-

WTF? What are they trying to hide here. Even the Service Mgr was puzzled. Anyway, AH stated that they will take our findings under concideration and should they feel it is something that needs addressing, they will contact us. AGAIN, WTF!!! Even the SM was pissed at their bold an totally out ragious blow off and negligince. He stated that he would do what he could to push this issue up the chain, as he was going to stop trying to push these cars with this system into unsuspecting customers. It's a major road wreck waiting to happen.

So now we just sit back, wait & see.

My Suggestion to all of you that have cars with this system, Call your Dealership and get with the service MGR. Insist that the two of you get together & do the Same exact test drives. While one of you drives, have the other take both written & video notes. Record EVERYTHING! weather it's a big or small issue, (You will have both) and afterwards, DEMAND that the SM contact American Honda & Insist that they get these issues Corrected, or refund your 2 grandand tell them that if they refuse to either correct the issue, or refund your 2 grand, you have no problems to enter a class action Lawsuit. The More folks we have that can back these issues, the more people's lives we will be able to save.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

Wow, thats insane. I would file a suit.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: Pete

Wow, thats insane. I would file a suit.
i agree, ive had problems with honda all last year a 07 accord with bad a/c a 07 fit sport with bad paint and yesterday on my 07 civic sedan saw bad paint on my front bumper around the grill.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

My Tom Tom is awesome, but its way backdated. There are roads that have been around this area for years now that Tom Tom doesn't see. Kinda annoying when traveling that its not updated.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

2k bucks little man, put that **** in my hand! if that money doesn't show then you'll owe me owe me O!

that's all i have to say about that.
oh.. one more thing, that ****'s crazy!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:49 AM
February 2010 ROTM

never had a problem with my homemade carpc i installed.....everything is accurate and up to date with all my maps and cost a hell of a lot less and works a lot better

Old 01-06-2008, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

TOM TOM > *
Garmin

Old 01-09-2008, 08:08 AM

I found out today that the reason for us not test driving the 2008 Odyssey is because it has a complete DVD drive back up system. Meaning that the thing has an actual hard drive that backs up the DVD. So Woop de Doo. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Hardware, It's the Software that is the issue.

What it appears as, is that when Honda was creating the 2006-2007 Civics & Accords, they had a vendor (Navteq) come in and do a high sales pitch, and because Honda has always been on the cutting edge of technology (Jets, Robots, Motorcycles, etc) Honda bought into the pitch, not ever really researching the data vrs the hardware verses the actual accuratcy. And now, they are stuck with this product for "X" number of years due to a contract they may have signed to.

Well. I do not care about their Problems. I only care about mine. I found out that while I was there, the guy from american Honda (A Rep) was there, so i made it a point to let him know exactly where I stood. I told him: "I don't care what honda "Wants to do" I'm telling you what you are going to do. You have 3 choices: 1) Refund our $2000 for this piece of crap that is only good for glorification conversation piece, 2) You pay for our choice of another Mfg Navigation system, weather it be from Garmin, Tom Tom, etc, what ever the cost, including any and all installation fees, with all of it's bells & whistles, cost not to exceed $2000.00, or 3) We will see your sorry *** in a court room, along with how ever many other consumers that are having the same issues. can I say, Class Action Lawsuit, Dumb ***? "

His responce was that he couldl not make that decision, but would convey all of this back to his office and someone would be in touch with me, in a few days. All I can do now is sit back & see where it will go from here.

I do not know if this place will let me do a poll, but I'd like to run one to see just what is everyone's most favorite system. If I can find out how, I'll post one.

Quick Reply: 2007 Civic's With Navi - You may want to Reconcider