Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2001 Honda Civic Coupe Honda dealer can't get radio to work

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2022 | 06:26 PM
|
Default 2001 Honda Civic Coupe Honda dealer can't get radio to work

Hello, I bought a used 2001 Honda Civic Coupe LX in Canada about 3 years ago and when I bought it, it came with no remote fob just with 2 keys, the radio has never worked and even though I took it to a Honda dealer and they removed the radio and got the serial number the radio still did not work, they tried a few things at the Honda dealership and they could not figure it out. I read previously about maybe a remote starter being previously installed in the car might cause issues with the radio. There is an antenna on the inner windshield right near the rear view mirror. The person I bought it from said that the remote starter never worked for him when he bought it. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I was going to get an after market radio installed but was wondering if I need to have someone look at the wiring of the remote starter. Thanks so much, I love Hondas but I don't know much about cars.