Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2 15's civic install. lots of pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:43 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2 15's civic install. lots of pics!

Looks good, better then I thought. Ya I take out my subs for winter and I never use the trunk space lol. Even in the summer I have nothing ever to put back there.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:33 AM
HCF Member

A few things
You did well on the setup
but, considering that you're going 15s, I'm assuming you wanted just loudness, so why spend all the extra money on alpine amplifiers?
You made the setup of the amps nice, unfortunately it's blocked off by the box so to me it seems like kind of a waste of time making the amps nice and organized

Im surprised you could even fit that massive box with the bar in the trunk (which is kind of useless anyway, I would just get rid of it and add room)

Also with the subs that close to the trunk, I'm assuming you get a heck load of rattle
Also a lot of cancellation, quality probably doesn't sound too good i assume

Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
HCF Member

I'm also going to say now that I realize it
you probably have an intense problem with phase right there considering the size of the speakers and them bouncing off the wall etc.
Not to mention I think you would have had more volume with two 12s properly tuned in there than those 15s
I don't think you're going to get much quality at all actually considering how close they are to the trunk
you'll probably notice if you open the trunk you'll lose a lot of shake but have noticeably better sound
If anything what I suggest you do it put ports in the back of the box
you'll have a rear fire sound
Also, you should seal your 6x9s, those subs are undoubtedly going to affect the play of the 6x9s if they are sucking and pushing the same air in the trunk that the 6x9s share

Old 01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

wow. you're good.. this is what im learning, i guess it would have been better to go with 12's ported.. yea phase has become an issue, none the less it still looks good. i'm think bout gettin some kappa perfect 12.1's ported... maybe sealed..

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...706&page=6

Old 01-28-2008, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o...rrent=subs.flv

Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I can tell in the vid you're definitely not putting out as much as you could
needs a bit of work, nonetheless an amazing setup
wow
I actually belong to that audio site, I haven't been there in ages X.X

Old 01-28-2008, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

how do i seal my 6x9's??

if i were to switch up to 12's would i need to move the box all the way to the back of the seats or could i leave it where the 15 box is??

Old 01-29-2008, 03:46 AM
HCF Member

For the 6x9s you can get baffles, they're like these little cones you place behind, or in this case under your speakers so the sound pressure of other speakers won't affect it

If you want 12s you can do whatever you want, and test out what sounds best for you
some car systems WILL sound better with the speakers facing the front, or even side of the trunk, all cars vary
To be honest though in this case it's ok to leave it where it is but since your subs are so close to the trunk, you're getting a lot of cancellation
you could either try porting the back of the box or just see what it sounds like with the subs facing front

Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex

Mmm.. With it just against the trunk like that, arn't you concerned about airflow? I mean.. When I had my sub against my back seat, it was kinda mashed against it(I had to bungee cord it so it wouldn't move around XD), and sometimes when i'd crank it up, it wouldn't hit as hard, and stuff. But then I turned it around, it sounded ALOT better, and hit a tad harder.

Just my two cents.

Nifty job on the wiring.

as long as the subs have 4inches from the trunk wall they are fine. i highly doubt youll notice any difference from moving the box away from the trunk lid anymore....
tho how about a video with the trunk lid closed

Old 01-29-2008, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ORIGINAL: Vilex

Mmm.. With it just against the trunk like that, arn't you concerned about airflow? I mean.. When I had my sub against my back seat, it was kinda mashed against it(I had to bungee cord it so it wouldn't move around XD), and sometimes when i'd crank it up, it wouldn't hit as hard, and stuff. But then I turned it around, it sounded ALOT better, and hit a tad harder.

Just my two cents.

Nifty job on the wiring.

as long as the subs have 4inches from the trunk wall they are fine. i highly doubt youll notice any difference from moving the box away from the trunk lid anymore....
tho how about a video with the trunk lid closed
k, will get that up soon.

Quick Reply: 2 15's civic install. lots of pics!